“Country Showdown” Battle of the Bands
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Emmet County Fairground Grandstand area
Gates will open at 5 p.m. First band will take the stage at 6 p.m.
5 Local bands will compete for cash prizes
Admission to the show will be $10/Adult, $5/ages 5-12, 4 & under are free
Fair gate fee of $6 will also be required.
ADULT BEVERAGE TENT AVAILABLE
Bring your lawn chair and sit stage side for no extra charge (First come first serve)
Open to all Country Music Bands with residents within a 250 mile radius of the Emmet County Fairgrounds.
Judging Process and Tabulation of Scores
Bands will be judged on a 60 point system:
Technical Performance – Max Points: 10 (How well the band uses their instruments)
Audience Reaction – Max Points: 10 (Audience applause, yelling and/or dancing)
Vocals – Max Points:10 (Singers voice complements the music and voice quality)
Originality of Songs – Max Points: 10 (Song construction, expressions and blend of vocals & music)
Stage Presence – Max Points: 10 (Interaction with the crowd, band is having fun and are fun to watch)
Professionalism -Max Points: 10 (Dress & act appropriately, move efficiently, show respect)
Set Time – Max Points:-10 (Band did not meet 30 minute limit time)
Arrival Time – Max Points:-10 (1 point per minute late)
Inefficient set up time between sets – Max Points:-10 (Band took more than 15 minutes to set up)
General Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to participate in the contest.
- All participants must be at least sixteen (16)years of age or older.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-replaceable.
- All applicable federal and state taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Interpretation of the rules and eligibility are the sole discretion of the Emmet County Fair Board and WMKC Big Country 102.9.
- Participants must be present to win.
- No band, band members or any person affiliated with the band shall engage in or encourage, any solicitation for votes or favorable scores from judges by offering prizes gifts, products, services or any other type of incentive. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification of the band.
- Artists agree that their name, photo and any information may be used for media and marketing efforts to include but not limited to direct mail, radio, TV, social media and websites.
Bands may sell band merchandise (CDs, T-shirts, Posters and other items) in the merchandise booth area. EACH BAND WILL BE GIVEN 1 TABLE FOR MERCHANDISE. Only band merchandise, no businesses will be allowed to sell items. Organizers are not responsible for loss or theft of cash or merchandise.